Wondering where to invest?
Well, you’d have to find something that falls under any of these categories – asset classes.
An asset class is a grouping of investments and securities that share similar characteristics and behaviour in different market conditions.
Simply, its the umbrella grouping of different investment options.
- Cash & Cash Equivalent – Treasury Bills, Commercial Papers and Fixed Deposit.
- Fixed Income – FGN Bonds, State Government Bonds, Corporate Bonds, Eurobonds.
- Equities – Domestic Stocks and International Stocks
- Commercial Real Estate – Rental Property
- Commodities – Oil, Gold, Cocoa etc
- Alternatives – P2P Lending, Private Equity, Venture Capital
In the coming days, we will look at platforms that allow you to invest in each of these.